Kickboxing is still one of the modern martial arts that is enjoying increasing popularity. It scores with its easy learnability, which, however, requires strong discipline, good endurance and an iron will to get better. In addition, it increases your level of fitness.
Find out from us in the article how to use it effectively Learn kickboxing and whether training at home can be sufficient.
The most important things in 30 seconds:
- The techniques of kickboxing appear manageable and at first glance uncomplicated, however, require a great deal of Diligence, practice and Discipline.
- In order to create the perfect conditions for learning the martial art, it is usually necessary to visit a Martial arts school essential.
- Most sports clubs or sports schools use it Minimum age of twelve years for your kickboxing courses. You justify the age limit with the better coordination, conditioning and cooperation ability with the teacher.
Easy to learn kickboxing?
Im comparison In addition to karate or taekwondo, kickboxing scores with its lower number of techniques. However, it also has connections to the aforementioned martial arts, as kickboxers use both their hands and their legs to perform arm and foot techniques. At first glance, kickboxing appears to be an easy-to-learn martial art that contains only a few techniques. But trained martial artists know that appearances are deceptive.
While the techniques are not complicated, they require a lot of diligence, practice, and discipline.
Kicking with the feet not only requires a lot of muscle strength, but also good strain. However, those who want to learn this sport should make their way to a martial arts school. Because even if kickboxing has many similarities with traditional boxing or muay thai, it is difficult to learn autodidactically.
It is true not impossible to learn this sport at home, however, an experienced kickboxing trainer can provide helpful advice. He is also a good motivator when your own discipline is waning and the kickboxer feels that he can no longer go on. The foot techniques require stamina, flexibility and a persistent will. Sports buddies help achieve these goals.
What is the best way to learn kickboxing?
Kickboxing is not only characterized by the quick execution of foot and arm techniques, but also by a good one Condition and strain. In addition to being in good physical shape, kickboxers also need to be well stretched. The stretch is required to perform smooth leg movements and minimize the risk of injury.
- To learn kickboxing properly, however, is the Visit to a sports club or a private school essential.
- In addition, are regular training hours required. Kickboxers should attend training sessions for 90 minutes at least twice a week. Those with a little extra time are doing themselves a great favor by getting kickboxing three times a week.
Experienced trainers lead a well structured training by. Kickboxing training usually consists of these five elements:
- Accordingly, the exercises start with a loose one Warm-up exercises. This will warm up the muscles at a reasonable pace.
- Then follow stretching. Since leg techniques play a major role in kickboxing, stretching the upper, inner and lower legs is essential. Beginners tend to neglect this little fact. However, this can have serious consequences. You can then experience serious injuries if you jerked your feet.
- Follow after the stretch Strength exerciseswhich are supposed to help build strong muscles. This not only includes squats or abdominal lifts, but also pushups. The latter train the entire body.
- It only starts after an extensive warm-up training session Strike and foot techniques against a sandbag or a claw.
- Follow last Fightsin which the trainees, however, show consideration for their fellow athletes. The fights also serve as excellent training units for improving their stamina, as they strengthen the endurance of the fighters.
Can you learn kickboxing at home?
Both beginners and those who are not interested in kickboxing believe that they can learn this sport at home. Unfortunately, this is not the case in reality:
On the one hand, the usually dominates at home Lack of space, on the other hand are absent Training partner and the Instructions a knowledgeable teacher. Numerous exercises are also based on the presence of a partner. Your own room does not awaken the same Motivation like a training hall with sandbags hanging from the ceiling waiting to be set in motion.
What can be practiced at home?
Kickboxers can die in their own home stretching to repeat. A regular stretch makes for a better stretched one Musculature within a short period of time. In addition, exercisers can do push-ups, sit-ups, and squats at home. In this way you build strong muscles that you need during training. And for the three mentioned standard exercises of every martial arts training, the athletes neither need a lot of space nor a partner.
At what age can you learn kickboxing?
Those who view kickboxing as a self-defense and exercise program should know that this is the case no age limit exists. Individuals are neither too young nor too old for this varied sport. However, some sports clubs have an age limit, which is 6 to 12 years, depending on the club.
However, those interested in a good physical condition be because the sport is high Condition requires. The other exercises can be carried out using discipline learn. After all, kickboxing involves far fewer techniques than the other martial arts. It just requires a regular training visit and the Want always getting better. Because motivated kickboxers owe Phillip Rosenthal his quote: “If you stop getting better, you stop being good”. That is why they aim to get better with every training session. This approach also has a positive effect on private and professional life.
How long does it take before the first successes can be seen?
Since kickboxing doesn’t contain that many techniques, exercisers already do good progress after a few months.
- A person who has trained in kickboxing for six months has internalized the basic exercises and theirs physical condition improved.
- In addition, kickboxers build a good one after a few weeks Musculature that can be seen.
- You will particularly benefit from this intensive muscle training Upper arms and Thigh.
- The good thing about a well-toned body is also one upright posture.
Those who attend Competitions want to participate, however, should at least two years exercise regularly and intensively. Bloody beginners would only be disappointed. You would probably give up training even if you were demotivated. Years of training not only strengthens self-confidence, but also gives the competitors a feeling of security. After all, during a competition, the pulse rises and the heart beats a little faster with excitement. It is therefore worthwhile to have trained for at least two years beforehand.