The history of Taekwondo is still quite young and only goes back to the beginning…
In martial arts, claws act as a useful training aid. They help martial artists to control their speed and punching power. In addition, boxers, kickboxers and karateka can increase their accuracy with the help of pad training. The punch pads are available in different sizes and versions.
the essentials in brief
- Claws are indispensable in martial arts that contain punches, kicks and knocks.
- Punch pads that hang on the wall allow punching techniques to be performed with full force.
- Different types of claws promote the precision of the striking techniques.
- Plate claws improve the technique, strength and speed of boxing hits.
- Belly pads allow you to practice knee kicks.
- Large punch pads are suitable for intensive kick training.
Background to claws
Pratzentraining functions in martial arts as intensive individual training. In this training variant, the trainer has each student individually demonstrate a punch, handshake or kick. Teachers usually do this in a beginner’s course. If, on the other hand, it is an advanced course, martial artists train with partners Handpratzen. With punch pads hanging on the wall, only one-to-one training works.
Martial artists hit claws several times and over a long period of time. However, they did before they did with the Pratzentraining begin to be thoroughly warmed up. This minimizes the risk of serious injuries.
In addition, the claw training is not only suitable for intensive punch sequences, but also for punch combinations. The latter variant trains physical endurance and mental fitness. In addition, martial artists use different combinations of strokes to play through several combat scenarios in their heads.
Materials & types of claws
Claws are made either from synthetic or real leather. There are also different types of claws. Plate claws are round like a real plate. They are best for a boxing workout. The round shape forces boxers to aim at the right point. Thus martial artists effectively increase their accuracy.
For an effective kickboxing and Thai boxing training are offered Thai Pads Pratzen at. These have a rectangular shape. They contain an elbow pad. Martial artists benefit from a high level of comfort. Slightly curved claws are also used in Thai and kickboxing. With the help of these punch pads, kickboxers practice effective knee kicks.
Special punch pads for beginners are made of vinyl. They contain three handles. This enables Beginner claws Martial arts a secure hold. Bauchpratzen however, are specially designed for knee kicks and push kicks. They act as a light and at the same time strong abdominal protection. Nevertheless, they improve hitting power, accuracy and endurance.
Large punch pads are characterized by a multi-layered and good foam padding. These models guarantee optimal shock absorption. They are also suitable for training kicks. They are robust and score with their effective shock absorption. As karateka, taekwondoka and kickboxer you complement your training with these punch pads in a meaningful way.
In addition to all of the punch pads mentioned, there are also models that designed for the wall are. They score with several advantages. On the one hand, they are ready to use at any time, and on the other hand, they enable intensive kick training. Your resistance changes depending on the strength of the step. Punch pads are very suitable for practicing different punch sequences and punch combinations.
What can be trained with claws?
You train with the help of claws all punches, kicks and bumps. All martial arts that involve punching techniques use this training device. The punch pads and punch pads increase both the accuracy and the punching power. Furthermore, the exercise equipment allows you to train kicks, punches and hand-edge strikes with full force. This is especially true for exercise equipment that is hanging on the wall. A training partner can by no means withstand a blow at full power. He can also suffer injuries that force him to rest for a long period of time.
Karate, kickboxing, Thai boxing, boxing, Taekwondo, Wing Tsun as well as numerous other martial arts that involve punches use this training device. The hoped-for effect lies not only in a higher precision of the stroke, but also in better control. Punch pads and punch cushions help martial artists to control their distance, punching power and speed. You will only improve your striking techniques if you practice them regularly. Partner exercises or blows in the air are not enough.
Responsiveness represents an important aspect in all martial arts. With the help of the small and large punch pads you improve them continuously. After all, it’s not just technology that plays an important role in combat. In competitions in Taekwondo, Karate and Kickboxing, seconds decide the outcome of a fight. With regular pad training, you will improve your ability to react many times over.
Which claws to buy?
The choice of claws depends on your martial arts. Specific Thaipratzen have a slight curvature. They are suitable for the typical knee kicks that dominate in Thai boxing. Furthermore, the desired training effect depends on yours Pratzenwahl from. Plate claws support marksmanship. Large punch pads, on the other hand, act as strength training equipment. With this pillow you strengthen your clout. The focus is on controlling the stroke technique.
If you use claws in children’s training, you should consider the specific ones when buying Children’s claws respect, think highly of. These are designed for their hands. They have an ergonomic handle. This guarantees a good hold as well as effective pad training.
It is worth purchasing belly pads for regular combat exercises. This allows you to train knee kicks without injuring your partner. These models are characterized by strong abdominal protection.
As a teakwondoka you should get the special Taekwondo doubles. They not only contain a high-quality hand strap, but also hard-wearing padding. Furthermore, they act as claws of wisdom. Teakwondo claws reward good hits with a clapping sound. They serve as a unique motivation for children’s training.
What should you look out for when buying?
- The Seams the claws represent a classic weak point of the claws. Therefore, you should pay attention to high quality workmanship when buying. In this case, pads made of real leather win the battle for better quality.
- Gives Genuine leather lasts longer compared to synthetic leather, this also applies to the properties of the seams. Of course, synthetic leather pads are also of high quality. You should only inspect the seams carefully before deciding on an artificial leather variant.
- The Price-performance ratio depends on the processing, the material and the size of the punch pad. For high quality you should be more willing to pay than for inferior products.
- These costs do you have to plan for:
- You can buy curved professional hand claws made of real leather for around 30 euros.
- A large punch pad, on the other hand, costs around 80 euros. However, compared to hand claws, this is suitable for kicks and knees.
- Soft foam pads cost around 20 euros. You should think about what you need the claws for. This then results in your willingness to pay.