The history of Taekwondo is still quite young and only goes back to the beginning…
Tactical vests are an essential part of tactical clothing, they offer a few useful functions. Depending on their design, they allow important objects to be carried within easy reach. Other models, on the other hand, protect against stabs and bullets. As a result, they also take on an important survival function. There are also conspicuous and inconspicuous tactical vests on the market. Read everything you need to know about military vests in our guide.
First things first:
- Tactical vests act as an important support for troops and security staff. Functions and many pockets make them a practical aid in everyday life.
- Paramedics, police officers and KSK emergency personnel count on bulletproof and puncture-proof tactical clothing. Outdoor enthusiasts and paintball fans always have important utensils close at hand.
What is the difference between a tactical vest and a conventional vest?
Tactical vests differ from traditional fashion vests in a number of ways. They contain a special bags, e.g. a compass pocket. So you have your orientation aid in this special bag immediately to hand. In addition, tactical vests for military or security employees contain height-adjustable small magazine pouches. To the other noteworthy Extras belong:
- large magazine pouches
- Equipment bags
- Map pockets
- Pen holder
- Drinking bottle pocket
- Flashlight compartment
- Radio pocket
- Insert compartments for puncture and / or bulletproof inserts.
- Admin pouches act as important pockets for your small parts. This includes keys, smartphone and your ID.
A high one Comfort is one of the other advantages of a tactical vest. It is waterproof, warm and yet breathable.
Military vests style options
You have the choice between camouflaged tactical and conspicuous West. Which model you choose depends on your intended use. If you travel a lot in the great outdoors, you need a tactical camouflage vest. This is similar to an original combat vest. As a result, you adapt to your natural environment without being discovered immediately. To the common military camouflage patterns belong:
- All-Terrain Digital (AT)
- Army Combat Uniform (ACU)
- Camouflage Central Europe (CCE)
- Universal Camouflage Pattern (UCP)
Depending on the respective usage situation, vests must either not be findable as well invisible or easily visible be. That depends on the sponsors and their activities. Security staff wear a highly visible tactical vest. Emergency doctors and paramedics also need conspicuous vests that reflect their status. Military forces, on the other hand, need either camouflage vests or tactical vests, which are invisible. Security forces who are on the move as personal protectors also wear invisible tactical vests under their shirts and suits.
Protection against wind and weather
A tactical vest is characterized by its high level adaptability in terms of the weather. Compared to a conventional under jacket, the tactical variant is weatherproof. It adapts to the external conditions.
- At cold it warms your upper body. in the summer in turn, the material prevents excessive sweating. Practical ventilation properties of the tactical vest allow this undergarment to be worn at high temperatures.
- On the other hand, are you in one windy Area on the way, you can rely on the wind protection function.
- At Regen however, you have a very low protective function. The vest dries quickly, but does not protect you from rain like a jacket.
You can also quickly put on and take off tactical vests. Despite their numerous functions, they are not immediately recognizable under conventional clothing. In addition, there are completely invisible variants of tactical protective clothing.
Protection against attacks
Protection against attacks is another important function that a tactical protective vest has. This property is one of the most important functions of a tactical vest.
- Many models are puncture-proof and protect against various bullets. The practical stab protection fends off violent attacks with batons or knives. Furthermore, a specific fiber fabric acts as an effective protection against strong kicks, punches and internal injuries.
- Other models without integrated stab protection offer pockets for special plates. In this way, the vest can be “equipped” accordingly, depending on the application.
Tactical vest for emergency services
It plays an important role what you want to use the tactical vest for.
- Are you working with the Federal Police active, you need a protective vest that reliably fends off ballistic projectiles. However, you have the option of upgrading your safety vest with the help of special plate carriers. These plates as well as special penetration-resistant synthetic fibers have proven themselves several times in practice.
- Tactical protective vests of the KSK emergency services score with further protective measures. They protect the neck, shoulder and abdominal area from possible gunshot wounds.
- Rescue workers also wear tactical vests. These also meet numerous needs of this professional group. Paramedics and emergency doctors use these effectively because they carry out their hand movements automatically. You are almost dependent on this vest. Thanks to her, they perform the movements without thinking. This saves rescue workers a lot of time.
- Meanwhile also protect themselves bailiff as Officials of the public order office with tactical protective vests. However, they wear them invisibly under their normal clothing.
- Tactical vests also come with Paintball for use. Vests that are used during the training of a paintball are similar to the tactical clothing of the KSK emergency services. However, these do not have metal plates that are bulletproof for the leisure activity mentioned. Instead, special EVA foam sheets protect the wearer from injuries.
- In terms of Survival functions the tactical vests impress with their arrangement of the pockets. These enable the necessary items to be found within a few seconds.
Buy tactical vest
Simply get an overview of the offer online. You can already buy tactical vests for less than 50 € – but if you expect stab or bulletproof insoles, you have to dig deeper into your pocket.
What should you look out for when buying a tactical vest?
You should definitely rely on this when buying Weight respect, think highly of. A heavy tactical vest will make you sweat unnecessarily. After all, the vest should make it easier and not more difficult to stay in nature or during use.
Of the Comfort also plays an important role in the purchase decision. The vest should not be too loose or too tight. In addition, you should pay attention to breathability. Material that is not weather-related does not fulfill the task of a tactical protective vest. In addition, pay attention to high-quality workmanship. The vest should be robust and tear-resistant.
Functionality even plays the main role. As an operative in the security service or as a member of the troops, you need a bulletproof and puncture-proof tactical vest. In addition, it should contain height-adjustable pockets for your magazines and weapons. If, on the other hand, you are only out and about in the great outdoors, a vest with the necessary pockets for your important items is sufficient.
What does a tactical vest cost?
The cost depends on the desired performance of your tactical vest. A conventional black tactical vest, which only provides important pockets, costs 29.99 euros. A puncture-proof protective vest, on the other hand, starts at a price of 279.99 euros.
Who needs a tactical protective vest?
Military and security forces carry out their work only with the help of a tactical vest. This acts as protection against assault or gunfire. Because of their work, both professional groups are exposed to violent attacks. They still prefer invisible protective vests.
Police forces however, prefer a tactical vest that gives them easy access to their weapons and other items. The property invisible is not important to police officers. Bulletproof it should still be. Models that protect the neck and shoulder area from gunshots are very popular.
Paintball trailer also need a tactical protective vest. As with the police, the focus here is on both protection and quick access to the necessary material. Furthermore, the clothing material is composed of a light nylon fabric. This serves an important purpose. It protects against injuries while playing. In addition, the material construction stands for an extreme hold. Paintball vests are weatherproof and tear-resistant. Furthermore, they ideally dissipate body heat.
However, do you intend the vest for the Private use to use, you probably focus on the material and quick access to your important utensils. If, on the other hand, you are on the road as a hunter, the camouflage patch variant plays an important role. After all, you don’t want to be recognized right away. For this reason, a black vest would be inappropriate and noticeable in a forest. If, on the other hand, you just want to hike in nature, a tactical vest in olive is sufficient.