Taekwondo equipment for beginners
You don’t need to buy equipment for € 500 for a trial training session. In any case, training is carried out with loose training clothing and barefoot. First of all, you have to find out for yourself whether the martial arts is suitable for you.
If you like Taekwondo, you can upgrade your equipment. This includes in detail:
- A Taekwondo suit (Dobok), consisting of pants and a jacket
- A Taekwondo belt (white at the beginning, then colored depending on progress)
- Usual sports equipment (bag, water bottle, towel, etc.)
The suit not only makes you look like your classmates, you also train more comfortably thanks to its cooling properties.
Equipment as advanced and professional
Which equipment makes sense here cannot be answered so easily and depends primarily on the style practiced. Most associations belong to the WTF and therefore wear full protection during competitions. You will only need this when you start the competitions. The equipment could then look like this:
- 2 pairs of Taekwondo suits + belt
- Usual sports equipment
- Tape for stressed joints and regions
- Head protection (with or without visor)
- Foot and hand protection
- Combat vest
- Taekwondo shoes for winter
Your trainer can surely tell you exactly which Taekwondo accessories are needed.